Identity Protection Program
Already have coverage and need help?
- Simply call the Platinum claim number at 800-799-6977
- We’ll connect you to an on-demand fraud specialist at Identity Theft 911 for unlimited, one-on-one assistance.
Criminals can easily assume your name and steal your personal financial information to obtain money, credit cards, loans or property—then leave you holding the bag when creditors try to collect. Here are some facts on identity theft from the Federal Trade Commission¹:
- In 2012, the number of victims totaled 12.6 million—with a new victim approximately every 3 seconds
- Identity theft is number one on the Federal Trade Commission’s list of consumer complaints for 3 consecutive years
- Total time spent to resolve cases averaged more than 37 hours per victim
Identity theft protection
The Hanover has partnered with Identity Theft 911®, the nation’s leader in identity management and fraud protection education, to help customers prevent and resolve identity theft and fraud. The coverage can be included in certain Hanover Platinum Protection packages as well as a standalone coverage, all including:Sophisticated proactive and restoration services
If your wallet or purse is lost or stolen or you suspect your identity has been compromised and might be vulnerable. To help protect your identity, a fraud specialist can even place a free fraud alert on your account.
Expense reimbursement coverage
Document replacement assistance
To provide guidance and help in replacing lost, stolen or destroyed identity documents, including Social Security cards, birth certificates, passports and driver’s licenses.
Access to identity protection tips and tools
To help keep you and your family safe. Visit www.citizensidprotection.com for daily news alerts on the latest identity scams, streamlined access to a vast library of valuable resources, tips and information.