Craft BrewersFrom brew pubs to regional breweries, the craft brewer business has been growing steadily for a decade—more than 15 percent in 2012, according to the Brewers Association, and providing hundreds of thousands of jobs and an astounding $11.9 billion in revenue.
Unique risks to the health and safety of workers and impediments to the bottom line profits may be challenging for this pioneering business, but they can be controlled.
Any food or beverage producer can be sidelined by machinery problems—or injuries to staff by machinery malfunction or just plain lack of training. Hanover Risk Solutions has resources to help address many of the problems craft brewers face in the production line.
Craft Brewers Exposure Guide
Help keep your business up-and-running safely by addressing unique risks to your product, property, people and more before they become losses.
Craft Brewer Resources
- Basics of Machine Safeguarding
- Commercial Cooking Fire Safety Checklist
- Commercial Cooking Using Solid Fuels—Fire Safety Checklist
- Equipment Breakdown
- Ergonomic Solutions—Safe Lifting
- Machine Guarding Checklist
- Open for Business—Disaster Recovery Planning
- Preventing Restaurant Employee Slips and Falls
Risk Solutions Partners
Hanover has partnered with other expert safety professionals to provide our customers with discounted solutions to costly problems. Craft brewers may find these especially helpful:
- Self-assessments for businesses to help pinpoint your organizations needs when it comes to Business Continuity Planning, a Return-to-Work Program or Transportation Safety
- Driver monitoring and other training services are also available with Driver’s Alert, including the well-known, “How’s My Driving” program that monitors driving 24/7/365.
- Business Continuity planning with IBHS’s Open for Business program
Education and Training
Hanover Risk Solutions consultants can provide on-site training for our insureds; contact your local Risk Solutions Director for more information.
- Training those who serve or sell alcoholic beverages is crucial to keeping patrons and staff safe. Hanover has negotiated with Rserving.com to provide discounted alcoholic beverage server training and certification through My Server Training. Sign in to our RS Partners page to consider this valuable—and affordable—service.
- Craft Brewers’ production line can be stalled in a second by electrical problems; view our online Electrical Preventive Maintenance video, for free, to see how you can stop problems before they stop your business.
- The Hanover Driver Safety Advantage Program offers 12 free driver training courses through a national provider of online training, available to your employees wherever they may be. Sign in to our RS Partners page to preview these courses.