MetalworkersThere are few larger wheels of commerce turning than those in the metalworking industry—and few greater opportunities for risk of injury or accident. The strength of the industry and the strength of its workers are interdependent; but even the strongest employee can be sidelined by injury; any business can be stalled by a weather catastrophe or electrical fire.
At Hanover Risk Solutions, we’ve assembled the resources to help you prevent those risks from stalling your business.
For most metalworkers, employee injuries are their most common and most costly type of insurance claim. These Workers’ Compensation claims are usually led by musculoskeletal strains from manual material handling or repetitive motion, and machinery-related claims such as amputations and caught-in injuries.
Keeping equipment running means keeping the flow of goods and services going: we can help you prevent any obstacles to keeping the wheels turning.
Risk Solutions Partners
Hanover has partnered with other expert safety professionals to provide our customers with discounted solutions to costly problems. Your company may find these especially helpful:
- The Insurance Institute for Business and Home Safety (IBHS) Disaster Recovery Planning can help you plan for the worst and get your business up and running when catastrophe strikes
- Testing and inspection of alarm systems and 24/7 monitoring as well as testing and inspection of automatic sprinkler systems with Tyco Simplex Grinnell
Education and Training
Hanover Risk Solutions consultants can provide on-site training for our insureds; contact your local Risk Solutions Director for more information.
- Take an online course at your convenience; view our online Electrical Preventive Maintenance video to see how you can stop problems before they stop your business.
- The Hanover Driver Safety Advantage Program offers 12 free driver training courses through a national provider of online training, available to your employees wherever they may be.
- Additional driver training courses and 197 OSHA Essential/General Safety courses are available at a discount through Driver's Alert. Visit the training section on Risk Solutions Partners.
- Ergonomic Guidelines for Specific Industries
- OSHA: Machine Guarding eTool for Power Presses
- National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health: Metalworking Fluids Page
- Consumer Product Safety Commission Business & Manufacturing Page