Moving and StorageThe challenges of the moving and storage business are like the business itself—always changing as staff and customer demands change.
At Hanover Risk Solutions, we know that finding and keeping experienced drivers and avoiding losses to maintain financial stability and preserve reputation are the top goals. Those goals fall into place as you build a culture of safety, a goal we can help you meet with our suite of solutions.
Keeping drivers and their cargo safe is easier with the guidance of experts. Hanover Risk Solutions has focused the expertise of seasoned safety professionals on just the issues moving and storage businesses are most concerned about.
Moving and Storage Resources
While the risk challenges of any business are many, we can help you focus on the ones that are most likely to impact your business. For moving and storage, keeping drivers moving without danger to staff or cargo is a primary concern.
Risk Solutions Partners
Hanover has partnered with other expert safety professionals to provide our customers with discounted solutions to costly problems. Your company may find these especially helpful:
- Screen drivers and movers with our Risk Solutions Background Check Partner, Intellicorp
- The Insurance Institute for Business and Home Safety (IBHS) Disaster Recovery Planning can help you plan for the worst and get your business up and running when catastrophe strikes
- Testing and inspection of alarm systems and 24/7 monitoring as well as testing and inspection of automatic sprinkler systems with Tyco SimplexGrinnell
Education and Training
Hanover Risk Solutions consultants can provide on-site training for our insureds; contact your local Risk Solutions Director for more information.
- Take an online course at your convenience; view our online Electrical Preventive Maintenance video to see how you can stop problems before they stop your business.
- The Hanover Driver Safety Advantage Program offers 12 free driver training courses through a national provider of online training, available to your employees wherever they may be.
- American Moving and Storage Association
- Massachusetts Movers Association
- Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration
- Self Storage Association
- Mini-Storage Messenger—magazine for the self-storage industry
- Moving Scam—information on how to avoid moving scams
- ProtectYourMove.gov—US DOT consumer protection site
- Relocation.com—what you need to know about the moving industry
- Warehousing Education and Research Council