RestaurantsNearly half a million U.S. businesses are restaurants of some kind – and whether you call it a bistro, café, pub, cafeteria or coffeehouse, your business is an important part of the economy, accounting for hundreds of billions in revenue each year.
That profit, however, comes with risks, and Hanover Risk Solutions has targeted some of the most significant risks your industry faces that impact the safety of workers, patrons and your property.
Keeping workers safe in the kitchen or when serving customers is paramount; so is keeping an eye on fire safety. Hanover Risk Solutions can support your efforts to keep things running safely and smoothly.
Whether you’re cooking with a rustic brick oven or the latest stainless steel model, Hanover Risk Solutions can help you keep your kitchen running and head off injuries or damage to your property. But those aren’t the only sources of loss for restaurants; we’ve addressed other significant challenges too.
Risk Solutions Partners
Our alliances with providers of risk solutions for our restaurant insureds include:
- The Insurance Institute for Business and Home Safety (IBHS) Disaster Recovery Planning can help you plan for the worst and get your business up and running when catastrophe strikes
- Quality online safety training including 17 courses specific to food safety, employee safety and driver training for the food industry from Driver’s Alert
- Testing and inspection of alarm systems and 24/7 monitoring as well as testing and inspection of automatic sprinkler systems with Tyco Simplex Grinnell
Education and Training
Hanover Risk Solutions consultants can provide on-site training for our insureds; contact your local Risk Solutions Director for more information.
- Training those who serve or sell alcoholic beverages is crucial to keeping patrons and staff safe. Hanover has negotiated with Rserving.com to provide discounted alcoholic beverage server training and certification through My Server Training. Sign in to our RS Partners page to consider this valuable—and affordable—service.
- The Hanover Driver Safety Advantage Program offers 12 free driver training courses through a national provider of online training, available to your employees wherever they may be.
- Additional driver training courses and 197 OSHA Essential/General Safety courses are available at a discount through Driver's Alert. Visit the training section on Risk Solutions Partners.
- Find out how to keep problems with your electrical system from impacting your restaurants operations with a simple system review. View our Electrical Preventive Maintenance online video.
- FDA Retail Food Protection
- FDA Retail and Food Service HACCP
- Food Service Safety, Oregon Health & Science University