Illinois bulletin 2018-12, Christian County disaster company actions
- We are withdrawing or suspending any cancellation or nonrenewal notices issued on or after November 23, 2018 for all lines of business until January 23, 2019 for affected policyholders or properties located in Christian County, Illinois.
- We are granting affected consumers an extension of at least 60 days for any and all policy provisions or other requirements that impose a time limit for their performance of any act, including the submission of a claim or proof of loss, reporting of information, submission of bills, or payment of funds.
- In the event repairs on affected property cannot be completed within the time period required under any policy, or within the 90-day time period for repairs prior to termination due to condition of the property, we are providing consumers with an extension of at least 60 days to make such repairs.
- We will not cancel or non-renew affected property due to an increase in the risk or geographic location of the risk.
- We are giving consideration to consumers with regard to other policy or contract requirements, rating and underwriting rules when they are unable to meet those requirements as a result of the storm which affected Christian County, Illinois on or about November 23, 2018.
- The Illinois Department of Insurance is available for filing complaints regarding any disaster-related issue at 1-866-445-5364, or online at: https://mc.insurance.illinois.gov/messagecenter.nsf