Top 5 vehicle safety features to consider
Thanks to auto and technology companies, more cars are now built to include automatic safety features to further protect drivers and others on the road. Whether purchasing a new car or a new-to-you car, here are five advanced driver assistance systems to consider along with the proper insurance:
- Adaptive cruise control automatically adjusts the vehicle’s speed to maintain a safe distance from the vehicle ahead.
- Automatic, emergency brake system automatically starts braking for you if your car senses a potential collision and you do not react in time.
- Blind spot monitoring alerts you of what you might have missed in your blind spot and warns you when vehicles are approaching from the rear.
- Lane departure warning and keep sounds a warning as you cross over white lines or unintentionally leave your lane. It also gently steers you back into your lane if you drift out of it.
- Rear-view camera and sensors gives you a clear view of what is behind you to help you reverse and avoid hitting or running something over.
A comprehensive insurance plan protects you in case of an accident that results in damages or injuries to you, your vehicle or someone else. Before sealing the deal, it is always a good idea to contact your independent insurance agent to understand what auto coverages make sense and how much it will cost to insure your vehicle.
Learn more about The Hanover’s wide variety of auto insurance protection options.
All products are underwritten by The Hanover Insurance Company or one of its insurance company subsidiaries or affiliates (“The Hanover”). Coverage may not be available in all jurisdictions and is subject to the company underwriting guidelines and the issued policy. This material is provided for informational purposes only and does not provide any coverage or guarantee loss prevention.