Looking for insurance guidance?
Find an agent in your area.
Need immediate identity theft assistance?
Suspect fraud? Want to protect confidential information or replace missing personal documents and identification? Talk with your independent agent for coverage options.
Already have coverage and need help?
- Simply call us at 800-628-0250
- We’ll connect you to an on-demand fraud specialist at Identity Theft 911 for unlimited, one-on-one assistance.
Criminals can easily assume your name and steal your personal financial information to obtain money, credit cards, loans or property—then leave you holding the bag when creditors try to collect. Here are some facts on identity theft from the Federal Trade Commission*:
- In 2012, the number of victims totaled 12.6 million—with a new victim approximately every 3 seconds
- Identity theft has been number one the Federal Trade Commission’s list of consumer complaints for 3 consecutive years
- Total time spent to resolve cases averaged more than 37 hours per victim
Identity protection program
The Hanover has partnered with Identity Theft 911®, the nation’s leader in identity management and fraud protection education, to help customers prevent and resolve identity theft and fraud. The coverage can be included in certain Hanover insurance packages as well as a standalone coverage, all including:Sophisticated proactive and restoration services
Expense reimbursement coverage
Document replacement assistance
Access to identity protection tips and tools