From brew pubs to regional breweries, the craft brewer business has been growing steadily for a decade—increasing 10 percent in dollar value in 2016 according to the Brewers Association—and providing hundreds of thousands of jobs and an astounding $23.5 billion in retail dollar value.
Unique risks to the health and safety of workers and impediments to the bottom line profits may be challenging for this pioneering business, but they can be controlled.
We’ve developed the following resources to support your efforts in developing and maintaining an effective safety program.
- Basics of Machine Safeguarding
- Business Continuity Planning in Action: A Guide to Keep Your Business Ready for an Emergency
- Commercial Cooking Fire Safety Checklist
- Commercial Cooking Using Solid Fuels—Fire Safety Checklist
- Equipment Breakdown
- Ergonomic Solutions—Safe Lifting
- Forklift – Self-Inspection Checklist
- Forklift Hazard Control Checklist
- Machine Guarding Checklist
- Powered Industrial Trucks – Daily Checklist – Combustion Engine
- Powered Industrial Trucks – Daily Checklist – Electric
- Preventing Restaurant Employee Slips and Falls
- Rapid Reporting Cuts Workers' Compensation Claim Cost
- Risk Management When Selling or Serving Alcohol
- Sample Energy Control (Lockout/Tagout) Checklist
- Sample Lockout/Tagout Policy
- Sample Safety Program: Non-Regulated Fleets
- Work in Confined Spaces
- Workplace Accident Investigation Policies
- Workplace Accident Investigation
- Workplace Sample Accident Investigation Form
Risk Solutions Partners
We’ve partnered with industry associates to offer products, services and training at no charge or substantial discount to help you control losses.
Sign In or Register to take advantage of these Partner’s resources.
This exclusive program provides free driver safety training courses addressing the challenges most commonly encountered by company drivers. Learn More
Driver’s Alert provides Hanover policyholder discounts on online training for driver safety (many courses are also available in Spanish), GPS monitoring, MVR checks and the popular “How’s My Driving?” Learn More
Training those who serve or sell alcoholic beverages is crucial to keeping patrons and staff safe. Hanover has negotiated with Rserving.com to provide discounted alcoholic beverage server training and certification through this unique program. Learn More
Hanover has gathered a set of online worker safety training courses that can help keep your workers safer, whether they’re driving a forklift or lifting crates. Courses are free for Hanover policyholders. Learn More
Education & Training
Hanover Risk Solutions consultants can provide on-site training for our insureds; contact your local Risk Solutions Director for more information.
Electrical Preventive Maintenance – A Craft Brewers’ production line can be stalled in a second by electrical problems; view our online Electrical Preventive Maintenance video, for free, to see how you can stop problems before they stop your business. Learn More
Visit Hanover Risk Solutions Partners to register as a policyholder and access information on this discounted service.