Food ManufacturersIgnoring risk can result in shutdown or loss of revenue for any business, and food manufacturers are no exception: the public exposure of foodborne illnesses originating in your plant; a weather event that disrupts your supply chain; or the steady erosion of profits from workers’ comp claims; all can eat away at the bottom line.
At Hanover Risk Solutions, we’ve pinpointed those common exposures and marshaled solutions to help mitigate risk.
For most food processing businesses, employee injuries are their most common and most costly type of insurance claim. These Workers’ Compensation claims are usually led by musculoskeletal strains from manual material handling or repetitive motion, machinery-related claims such as amputations and caught-in injuries, and slips/falls from wet walking surfaces.
Food Manufacturers Resources
While the obvious risks can be easily addressed, the less obvious risks can also sideline a business. Hanover can help, with a broad range of information about many of the risks food manufacturers face daily.
Risk Solutions Partners
Hanover has partnered with other expert safety professionals to provide our customers with discounted solutions to costly problems. Your company may find these especially helpful:
- Our Driver's Alert partner offers 17 online training courses specific to food safety, employee safety and driver training for the food industry.
- The Insurance Institute for Business and Home Safety Disaster Recovery Planning can help get your business up and running when catastrophe strikes.
- Testing and inspection of alarm systemns and 24/7 monitoring as well as testing and inspection of automatic sprinkler systems with Tyco SimplexGrinnell
Education and Training
- The Hanover Driver Safety Advantage Program offers 12 free driver training courses through a national provider of online training, available to your employees wherever they may be.
- Additional driver training and employee safety training courses are also available through Driver's Alert. Visit the training section of Risk Solutions Partners.
- Find out how to keep your facility’s electrical system from impacting production with a simple appraisal. View our Electrical Preventive Maintenance online video.
- FDA Food Safety Modernization Act
- Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points (FDA)
- The Food Recall Manual, University of Florida Institute of Food and Agricultural Sciences
- Ergonomics Guide for Food Processing