Plastics Manufacturers“Plastics” was the one-word advice once given to a famous graduate, and it’s still good advice today: the plastic products manufacturing industry accounts for more than $300 billion in revenue and employs nearly a million workers, according to SPI, the Plastics Industry Trade Association.
It’s also an industry that must be concerned that certain risks could slow—or halt—that revenue. At Hanover Risk Solutions, we have focused programs that zero in on whatever most concerns you: the health and safety of workers, electrical fire prevention, or keeping your business going when weather threatens to slow it down.
Keeping workers safe when working with complex manufacturing machinery is only one of the concerns that plastic products manufacturers face—but it’s hard to overstate how important it is. Hanover Risk Solutions can help.
Plastics Manufacturers Resources
Risk Solutions Partners
Hanover has partnered with other expert safety professionals to provide our customers with discounted solutions to costly problems. Your company's safety officers may find these especially helpful:
- The Insurance Institute for Business and Home Safety (IBHS) Disaster Recovery Planning can help you plan for the worst and get your business up and running when catastrophe strikes
- Testing and inspection of alarm systems and 24/7 monitoring as well as testing and inspection of automatic sprinkler systems with Tyco Simplex Grinnell
Education and Training
- Take an online course at your convenience; view our online Electrical Preventive Maintenance video to see how you can stop problems before they stop your business.
- The Hanover Driver Safety Advantage Program offers driver training courses through a national provider of online training, available to your employees wherever they may be.
- Additional driver training courses and 197 OSHA Essential/General Safety courses are available at a discount through Driver's Alert. Visit the training section on Risk Solutions Partners.
- OSHA Plastics Industry Page
- Ergonomics for the Plastics Industry, Ohio Bureau of Workers’ Compensation
- Society of the Plastics Industry Worker Health & Safety Resources
- Phthalates Information from Consumer Product Safety Commission