Property protection from The Hanover
Businesses that manufacture, warehouse, transport, blend or distribute high hazard materials face serious risks from fires, explosions and hazardous environmental spills. Hanover Specialty Industrial Property offers a wide array of specialized insurance solutions to high hazard businesses with known sprinkler deficiencies or unique risk characteristics that require increased protection due to high fire loads or potentially volatile manufacturing processes, such as those below, to help manage their complex risks:
- Auto parts
- Battery manufacturing
- Boat manufacturing
- Building owner — lessors risk
- Cabinet manufacturing
- Candle manufacturing
- Corrugated box manufacturing
- Fertilizer manufacturing
- Fireworks storage
- Foam and foam rubber
- Food additives
- Food processing — spray drying
- Furniture manufacturing
- Heat treating
- Janitorial supplies
- Machine shops
- Mattress manufacturing
- Paper products
- Pharmaceuticals/nutraceuticals manufacturing
- Plastic manufacturing — all types
- Rubber manufacturing — all types
- Shoe manufacturing
- Sporting goods manufacturing
- Synthetic oil packaging
- Textiles — standard and impregnated
- Tire distribution and re-capping — various
- Volatile metals manufacturing and processing — titanium, nickel, etc.
- Wood products
Specialized coverages and endorsements for industrial property include:
- Contaminated debris removal
- Coverage for foundations, slabs and underground piping
- Finished goods manufactured by the insured are valued at selling price
- Equipment breakdown endorsement includes microelectronics coverage
- Broadening endorsement extends 8 coverages and adds 18 coverages (subject to applicability)
Total account solutions to protect your business
In addition to our property solutions, we also offer a full suite of products to help protect your business’ autos, employees, clients, and reputation.
When it comes to protecting your fleet, we can help. Our commercial auto insurance fits perfectly with our package solutions, and reduces the risk that comes with having multiple policies with multiple insurance companies.
Businesses are required to carry workers' compensation insurance in almost every state, although requirements for coverage vary. We can help find the right workers' compensation coverage for your business.
The Hanover's umbrella coverage can fill gaps on general liability and auto policies and protect your company from financial disaster with flexible limits up to $25 million, at affordable rates.
Surety bonds provide a financial guarantee that your business will perform contractual obligations or comply with regulations, and are often needed to run your business.
More value for your business
Our underwriting, claims, and risk management professionals have worked in the complex industrial space for over 50-years. We offer solutions that are cost-effective and convenient, and tailor our policy to meet your business’s unique needs.
The Hanover offers a variety of tools and resources, as well as the services of a network of preferred service providers, to help you mitigate the risks faced by businesses.
Our industry-leading claim services and 24/7 reporting help you get back to business quickly. If you ever need to make a claim, you'll be glad you have The Hanover.
Get safety and insurance articles, videos, infographics and more to help keep your business and property safe, and guide you through the insurance-buying process.