Condo coverage details
Getting homeowners coverage that’s right for you has never been easier.
Getting the right condominium insurance can seem pretty complicated. The Hanover's flexible condominium owners coverage lets you put the right package together for your needs.
Platinum and Connections® Home from The Hanover makes your decisions much easier, with flexible packages of the most widely used condominium coverages for your changing lifestyle. It’s even easy to add protection that shields you against risks not normally covered by condominium insurance.
The Hanover’s Basic Condominium owners policy covers the following:
- Your home — from the most common causes of loss
- Personal belongings — furniture, clothing, appliances, etc.
- Loss of use — helps cover the cost of additional living expenses you incur to maintain your normal standard of living when your condominium is uninhabitable due to a covered cause of loss
- Liability claims — claims against you for bodily injury and property damage
- Medical payments to others — pays non-household members accidentally injured on your property
Build a strong foundation that supports your needs now and in the future. Select a package that covers your specific insurance needs beyond the basics. Our Select and Select Plus include coverage more specifically tailored to your needs.
Our Select coverage level includes Basic level coverage and the four additional coverages listed below. In addition, higher policy limits apply for many other important coverages.
- Personal property replacement cost — covers damaged, destroyed, or stolen property with no deduction for age or condition
- Identity fraud — reimburses you for your legal fees, document duplication, mailing costs, and more
- Refrigerated products — covers food spoilage in a refrigerator or freezer due to loss of power during a covered loss
- Lock replacement — covers replacement of external locks when keys are stolen
- Loss assessment—increases limit of liability for loss assessment under liability and property coverage to the limit selected that is typically applied to the master policy deductible in the event of a covered loss
Select Plus has all the coverages of the Select level, and adds three important coverages and increases policy coverage limits for several additional coverages.
- Special personal property coverage — covers you against all but specifically named causes of loss (such as freezing, wear and tear, smog, rust and corrosion, release or escape of pollutants) and broadens some policy payment limits available on all HO6 policies a la carte. Covers:
- Misplacing or losing firearms, jewelry, and silverware
- Breaking fragile items not covered in standard policies
- Damage resulting from earth movement
- Personal injury — adds protection against more types of personal injury lawsuits (like invasion of privacy, wrongful eviction, or wrongful entry), interest on judgments, lawyer’s fees, court costs, and time off from work1
- Waive deductible — no deductible when the loss to your home exceeds 50% of the value of the contents of your home (Coverage C)
- Home sharing—provides property and liability coverage when as an insured you engages in home-sharing host activities on your residence premises using a home-sharing network platform,
- Home cyber protection—provides coverage for certain costs incurred as a result of a cyber-attack, cyber extortion event, fraud event, data breach, and cyberbullying event. Requires identity fraud expense coverage
- Water backup—coverage available for losses and clean-up costs that result from water backing up through sewers or drains or sump overflows.
1This coverage is available as part of the Basic level of coverage in Indiana and Ohio.
112-2790 (8/13) LC 09-151