Billing terms and conditions
User ID/password registration:
Some websites of The Hanover Insurance Group are restricted and require a user identification code ("User ID") and a password for access. Unauthorized use of or access to such sites is strictly prohibited. The Hanover Insurance Group or The Hanover refers to a group of companies which are subsidiaries or affiliates of The Hanover Insurance Group, Inc.
In accessing our sites requiring a User ID and password, you agree that:
- The Hanover Insurance Group is entitled to act on instructions received under your User ID and password.
- The Hanover Insurance Group is not liable for any unauthorized access to your personal information that is not the direct result of gross negligence or intentional misconduct on the part of The Hanover Insurance Group.
- You agree to keep your password confidential and to notify The Hanover Insurance Group immediately if you believe someone else has obtained your User ID and password or any unauthorized access to your account has occurred or may occur.
- The Hanover Insurance Group may block access to your account without prior notice if we believe your User ID and password are being used by someone other than you, if any unauthorized access to your personal information has occurred or may occur, or for other reasons.
This site contains a link to a third-party vendor with which The Hanover Insurance Group has contracted to accept online payments. The third-party site is not maintained or controlled by The Hanover Insurance Group. This link is provided solely for your convenience. The Hanover Insurance Group will pass on minimal information provided by you to the third-party vendor to facilitate your enrollment for online bill payment. We recommend that you take the time to read the privacy policies of the third party vendor on its website.
With respect to on-line or EFT bill payment:
- Funds are deducted from your account based on when payments are scheduled.
- Payment on a canceled policy does not constitute reinstatement of the policy.
- If a cancellation is pending, unless full payment is received prior to the cancellation effective date and time the policy will cancel for non-payment of premiums.
Should payment be returned for insufficient funds or account closed, a processing fee may be applied to your policy. Fee amount(s) will vary by state.