Insurance solutions for small businesses
Get a small business insurance quote today
Contact your Hanover agent for a quote and to learn more about our business insurance, our flexible payment plans and down payment options.
Every contractor, consultant, and small business owner needs business insurance to be protected. Our Business Owner’s Policy or Commercial Package Policy offer a good starting point for most small businesses—accountants, architects, engineers, dental offices, distributors, florist, law offices, medical office, pet groomers, printers, and more.
Protect your small business from property damage, lawsuits, loss of income and more. Our insurance solutions for small business owners offers protection from different types of risks, including accidents, property damage, loss of income and more. Our agents work with you to develop a tailored solution to fit your business needs, including:
- Property insurance—Protect your building, furniture, equipment, and other valuable assets from natural disaster, theft and other damage
- General liability insurance—Even if you do everything right as a business owner, accidents can happen. General liability insurance helps pay for the costs to defend and settle claims against your business for bodily injury, property damage, and personal injury.
- Loss of income and extra expense—If your businesses can’t open for business because of damage from a natural disaster or other property damage, we offer protection that will reimburse you for loss of business income
- Data breach—In today’s world, all small businesses face the threat of their sensitive data being lost, stolen or compromised. That’s why we include data breach coverage to help pay for notification, credit monitoring and investigation expenses.
- Industry-specific coverages—A restaurant and a dental practice have different insurance needs than a technology company or manufacturer. We offer more than 500 industry-specific solutions to help protect your small business against the risks we see most often in those types of businesses.
Total Account Solutions offer more value
When you purchase multiple commercial policies from The Hanover through your local independent agent, you will enjoy the convenience of one contact for all your insurance needs - customer service, insurance billing, renewals, and claims. Beyond property and general liability coverage, small businesses may need:
- Workers’ Compensation provides your employees a financial safety net for work-related accidents or illnesses
- Commercial Automobile helps to protect your fleet and commercial vehicles with flexible solutions
- Commercial Umbrella offers additional peace of mind by extending your general liability limits
- Professional Liability helps to protect against lawsuits related to your products or services