We understand that an automobile accident causes disruption and adds stress to your daily life. Getting you back on the road and ensuring your claims experience goes smoothly is our top priority.
We're here to help you understand the claims process and what to expect if you should ever need to file a claim. We'll begin working on your claim the moment you notify us and will be there every step of the way.
- When do I report a claim?
If you need to file a claim, please notify The Hanover as soon as possible. Time limitations can impact your coverage depending on the state you live in and the type of claim you have. In all cases, the sooner you notify Hanover claims, the faster we can begin working on your claim. Our claims professionals are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week to help you as you report your claim. Report a claim now.
- How do I report an auto claim?
There are three ways to report a Hanover claim: call 800-628-0250; use our mobile app; or log into My Hanover Policy. Our claims professionals are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week to help you as you report your claim. Report a claim now.
- What information do I need to report my claim?
Report your claim as soon as possible, even if you don’t think you have all the necessary information. While not required for the initial report, it’s helpful to have:
• Your policy number
• Your email address
• The date and time the claim occurred
• The address of the claim location
• A description of what happened
• Photos of any damage, if available
• Any contact information for yourself and other parties
• License plate number for both parties if available
• Color of vehicles involved
• Police report number
• Location of vehicle (if at shop or tow yard)
• Passengers or witnesses involved
• Information about any injuries
The more details you can provide helps us to match you with the right claims expert for your claim.
- When will I be contacted by my adjuster?
You will generally hear from your adjuster one to two business days after your claim is submitted. They will explain your available coverage, including any deductibles, rentals and options for appraisal and repairs. They will help you to make informed choices and guide you every step of the way through the resolution of your claim.
- What if I'm contacted by a party other than my Hanover adjuster who wishes to discuss the accident?
Please contact your adjuster. Your adjuster is your single point of contact who will help you to manage the claim process every step of the way, including requests from parties outside of The Hanover.
- How will my claim be managed?
Based on your claim type, your adjuster will work with you using the approach that is right for you. With convenience and a speedy resolution in mind, your adjuster may use a variety of self-service digital tools with your smartphone or computer and/or coordinate efforts with Hanover vendor partners including repair shops. The amount of contact you have with your adjuster depends on your needs and the complexity of your claim. No matter the approach, we'll be with you every step of the way. Watch our video for a brief overview of the process:
- How do I know how much damage I have to my vehicle?
We provide a variety of options to assess the damage to your vehicle. We work with multiple repair shops digitally to expedite the experience. We also offer a mobile app you can use to take photos of your damaged vehicle. In some cases, we may send an appraiser to inspect your vehicle.
- What happens after my appraisal?
After we inspect your vehicle and review all damage evaluations, your adjuster will contact you to explain how the claim value was determined and how any deductible may apply. Your adjuster will answer your questions about any portions of the claim that may not be covered by your policy. They will also discuss your payment options including paying the shop of your choice directly or sending you an eCheck or traditional paper check.
- When is my claim considered closed?
The Hanover will be there every step of the way to help you get your life back to pre-claim condition. Receiving the claims settlement is an important step toward closing your claim, but you will likely still need to make repairs or purchase a new vehicle. We’ll be there to answer questions after settlement should new information develop for which we provide coverage.
- What do I do if my repair shop finds additional damage?
Finding hidden or additional damage is common in the repair process. Your shop, including those not in our network of repair shops, will contact The Hanover directly to discuss the additional damage found and determine if it is related to your claim. We’ll review and make supplemental payments for covered damage.
- I received a check for my claim; however, there was a lienholder name printed on it - Why?
Since the lien holder has a financial interest in your vehicle, we must include them as a payee on the check. You will work with your lien holder for their endorsement so you can receive your payment.
- What is a Hanover Express claims auto repair shop?
You have many options in choosing a repair shop. If you don’t know where to go, it can seem overwhelming. We have taken the hassle out of finding a quality repair shop and offer the Hanover Express Claims Auto Repair Program: a network of repair shops providing enhanced services to quickly get you back on the road after an accident. The program provides:
- Conveniently located repair shops
- Prompt service and scheduling of repairs
- Speedy completion of repairs
- Professionally trained repair specialists who ensure the job is done right the first time
- Convenient rental car pick-up and drop-off arrangements at the repair shop
- Less paperwork for you - with direct billing and payment from The Hanover
- A lifetime warranty guaranteeing repairs for as long you own the vehicle
Access the Hanover Express Claims repair shops.
- What should I do if I have a problem with the repairs made to my vehicle?
If you had your vehicle repaired at a Hanover Express claims auto repair shop, simply contact your adjuster and they will review the shop’s warranty with you. If your repairs were completed by a shop other than a Hanover Express claim auto repair shop, please contact the repair shiop directly. As always, reach out to us at any time if we can provide guidance or assistance.
- Have additional questions?
Please reach out to your adjuster who will be happy to help you with the answers you need.