Hanover legal support vendor services
The Hanover partners with law firms to provide services throughout the United States for individual and business insurance needs.
Prospective legal vendors
If you are a firm interested in The Hanover’s outside counsel program, please complete our request for introduction.
Have a question?
Submit a general inquiry to our legal support services team.
Kevin P. Mohr
Assistant Vice President, National Claims Litigation
Current registered firms and legal vendors
Find important forms and information below.
Forms to notify The Hanover of changes
Matter changes (cost shares, staff, and more)
Firm mergers or attorney leaving firm
Corrections/updates to firm profile
- I need help with LegalX billing software.
For help with LegalX, contact the help desk at 866-645-7444 or firstname.lastname@example.org. For LegalX training for firms, contact LegalXTraining@bottomline.com.
- How do I register in LegalX?
Hanover initiates the registration process by sending a form to gather firm’s pertinent details.
- What is the registration process?
Once Hanover confirms firm is authorized to submit invoices, the firm will receive a notification from LegalX with an invitation to register for their software. The firm completes the registration process with LegalX and then Hanover will receive a notification to formally approve the registration. Once that is complete, the firm may then begin submitting timekeepers and rates.
- I can't find my matter in LegalX.
Matters are created by The Hanover – If you cannot find your matter in LegalX, click here to provide details about the matter.
- How do I search for a matter in LegalX?
You can search by claim number or matter name. Can't find your matter? Let us know.
- How do I submit an invoice?
Always upload invoices at 100%; do not apply credits or cost shares to the invoice. Click here to make further inquiries about invoice issues.
- How frequently are invoice payments made?
The Hanover uses a 30-day diary unless the firm has elected to participate in our Quick Pay Program. Please use our general inquiry form if you are interested learning more about Hanover’s Quick Pay Program.
- What is a rate deviation error?
This error is an indication that the invoice contains line items for timekeepers not yet registered/approved, or the rate submitted is in excess of the current approved. Click here to inquire.
- I need assistance with filing rates in LegalX.
Contact the LegalX help desk at 866-645-7444 or email@example.com
- What are The Hanover's case/timekeeper categories?
The Hanover allows the following:
- Advertising injury
- Auto and general liability (GL)
- Cyber liability/tech errors and omissions (E&O)
- Health and human services
- Management liability
- Personal injury protection (PIP)
- Professional liability
- Workers' compensation
- How do I file an appeal on an invoice dispute?
The Hanover allows 30 days to file an appeal on an invoice dispute. The Hanover allows only one appeal. Click here for questions on appeals.
- How do I obtain a copy of The Hanover’s billing guidelines?
Request a copy of our guidelines with this form.
- Topic not covered here?