Equipment breakdown endorsement
Today’s appliances and household equipment are more sophisticated and expensive than ever. When they work they provide comfort and enjoyment, but when they break down suddenly and unexpectedly in the midst of their normal life, they can be a costly inconvenience to fix or replace.
Physical loss or damage
The equipment breakdown endorsement has you covered for physical losses or damage caused by mechanical, electrical, and pressure systems breakdown to equipment for real property (attached to the structure) or personal property (removable items) with a low $500 deductible and coverage options of $25,000 and $50,000. Here’s some of what’s covered:
- Electrical panels
- Well pumps
- Filtration systems for air and water
- Chair lifts and elevators
- Sauna equipment
- Central air conditioning systems including compressors, condensers, and air handler units
- Heating equipment including boilers and heat pumps
- Home security systems
- Ventilating systems and exhaust fans
- Water heaters
- Emergency generators
- Central vacuum systems
- Swimming pool or hot tub filtration
- Computer equipment and other home electronics (e.g., televisions, audio systems)
- Portable kitchen or laundry appliances (e.g., dishwashers, washing machines, electrical dryers, microwaves, stoves)
- Refrigerators and freezers
- Smart home automation systems
To help you recover as quickly as possible the equipment breakdown endorsement also provides:
- Expediting expenses — reasonable costs up to $2,500
- Spoilage coverage — loss of perishable goods resulting from spoilage with a $2,500 maximum in a 12-month period
- Pollutant clean-up and removal — $2,500 maximum in a 12-month period
Customizing your coverage
In addition to your choice of packages, The Hanover offers a variety of special coverages, or endorsements, designed to fit your lifestyle. For example, do you:
- Collect antique silverware, jewelry, or coins?
- Want extra protection from an umbrella policy?
- Have a relative in an assisted living care facility?
- Want greater level of coverage with guaranteed replacement cost — ensuring your house is rebuilt “in kind” in the event of a covered loss?
If so, your agent can help you customize your coverage by determining which endorsements are right for your unique needs.
Ask your local Hanover agent for more details or a listing of agents in your area.
112-2793 (1/13) LC 09-154