The Hanover’s renters coverage lets you put the right package together for your needs.
Renters coverage from The Hanover makes your decisions much easier, with flexible packages of the most widely-used coverages for your changing lifestyle. It’s even easy to add protection against risks not normally covered by renters insurance.
Select Plus has all the coverages of the select level, and adds four important coverages and increases policy coverage limits for several additional coverages.
- Special personal property coverage — covers you against all but specifically named causes of loss (such as freezing, wear and tear, smog, rust and corrosion, release or escape of pollutants) and broadens some policy payment limits. Covers:
- Misplacing or losing firearms, jewelry and silverware
- Breaking fragile items not covered in standard policies
- Water back-up and sump overflow — covers up to $10,000 for losses and clean-up costs that result from water backing up through sewers or drains or sump overflows
- Personal injury — adds protection against more types of personal injury lawsuits (like invasion of privacy, wrongful eviction or wrongful entry), interest on judgments, lawyer’s fees, court costs and time off from work
- Waive deductible — no deductible when the loss to your home exceeds 50% of the value of the contents of your home (Coverage C)
This coverage is available as part of the basic level of coverage in Indiana and Ohio.
Customizing your coverage
In addition to your choice of packages,The Hanover offers a variety of special coverages or endorsements, designed to fit your lifestyle. For example, do you:
- Collect antique silverware, jewelry or coins?
- Have a home-based business?
- Have a relative in an assisted living care facility or nursing home?
- Want a greater level of coverage for water back-up?
If so, your agent can help you customize your coverage by determining which endorsements are right for your unique needs.
Credits and discounts*
The Hanover recognizes the importance of creating a safe home and the value of loyal customers. That’s why we try to make your insurance more affordable by offering policy premium credits to our customers who have safety and security devices, and for customers who also have an auto insurance policy with The Hanover.
Umbrella liability coverage
Umbrella liability coverage is protection most of us can’t afford to be without. An umbrella policy protects insureds who are the target of a lawsuit resulting from most personal activities. This special coverage extends not only your policy’s liability limits, but broadens coverage to include:
- Defense costs
- Court costs
Umbrella liability coverage is especially important if you have significant assets or earning potential which could be used to satisfy a judgment against you. Worldwide coverage is available and could save you hundreds of thousands of dollars.
* Credit and discount availability varies by state.
Ask your local Hanover agent for more details or a listing of agents in your area.