Gratitude for what you have begins with always having it
Why schedule your personal property?
According to findings from a 2011 National Crime Victimization Survey conducted by the U.S. Department of Justice’s Bureau of Statistics, U.S. residents age 12 or older were victims of approximately 22.9 million crimes:
- 17.1 million were property crimes
- 138,700 were personal thefts
- 29.4 robberies occurred for every 1,000 households
Scheduled personal property endorsement
There are times in your life when it is appropriate to stop what you’re doing and take inventory. This is one of those times. A time to literally take stock of what you have. Because while your current Hanover homeowners policy provides excellent coverage at a very affordable price, some of your most precious items may not be fully covered.
A scheduled personal property endorsement can fill the shortfall. It’s quick and easy to add, providing protection for items such as:
- Jewelry (in and out of vault); including engagement rings and watches
- Coins — rare and current
- Stamps and stamp collections
- Silverware, including silver plated, gold plated, or pewter ware
- Hobby collections, including items such as memorabilia, souvenirs, and collection items such as trading cards, comic books, etc.
- Limited editions, including limited edition dolls, plates, figurines such as Hummels®, rare books, antiques and historical photographs
- Fine arts
- Furs and fur garments
- Golf equipment, including golf clothes
- Musical instruments
- Sports equipment
Here are just a few of the many benefits of a scheduled personal property endorsement:
- No deductible
- Coverage provided for mysterious disappearances and breakage
- Standard homeowner policies may cap coverages in these classes
A valuable item can take week’s, month’s or year’s worth of income to purchase, but only a few seconds to be lost due to theft, natural disaster or other unforeseen events. Don’t wait until you suffer a loss to find out that your precious possessions were not covered.
Not sure what’s worth covering, or how much coverage you need? Not a problem. Your agent can determine what coverage provides you with the best value.
Ask your local Hanover agent for more details or a listing of agents in your area.
Contact an agent
112-2786 (1/13) LC 09-152