We know how important it is to you to have the peace of mind that comes with having the proper coverage for your home. This is why we periodically conduct home evaluations.
Why do I need a home evaluation?
A home evaluation helps document the details of your home — its size, features, systems and materials — to help ensure you have the proper coverage. Home evaluations also help determine the cost to rebuild your home in the event of a total loss — what we refer to as "replacement cost" — along with any potential hazards in or around your home. This enables us to make recommendations that help reduce the likelihood of a future claim.
The evaluation will document:
- Our calculation for the cost to rebuild your home
- Possible safety recommendations and requirements
- Square footage of home
- Attached structures and interior features
What should I expect?
Your agent will be notified of any scheduled evaluations.
You will receive a postcard, informing you that we will be conducting an evaluation, and whether it will be an interior and exterior or exterior only.
Our evaluation vendor will call or email you to schedule an appointment if an interior evaluation is required.
Your agent will receive a copy of the evaluation and any recommended or required next steps.
Home evaluation partners
- The Hanover Risk Solutions Consultant is an employee of The Hanover that will perform home evaluations for high value homes. (MA and CT only)
- Exterior evaluations include a review of key characteristics that could affect a home's value and certain types of hazards and conditions that could increase the chances of a loss.
- The team of evaluators include former insurance, construction and real estate professionals with industry knowledge.
- All evaluators are required to wear a photo ID badge or proper identification.
Tell us about your experience with the evaluation vendor