Cultural institutionsNon-profit doesn’t mean non-risk, and at Hanover Risk Solutions, we’ve studied the unique risks faced by these valuable resources found in every city and town. And we understand that cost is often the concern for libraries and historic homes, nature centers and museums.
But there are other concerns that are at the top of the list: staying prepared for a weather emergency, keeping interactive exhibits safe for patrons, and keeping staff aware of the risks of abuse/molestation. With that in mind, we’ve gathered the opinion of experts in risk to help you face the challenges of running a non-profit while devoting your resources to the communities you serve.
- Automatic sprinklers—what can impact effectiveness
- Burglary prevention checklist
- Commercial cooking using solid fuels—fire safety checklist
- Cyber security checklist
- Electrical and electronic equipment—non-thermal fire damage
- Electrical preventive maintenance for small businesses
- Emergency management checklist for floods and flash floods
Risk Solutions Partners
Our alliances with providers of risk solutions for our cultural institution insureds include:
- Criminal background checks online as well as employment screening services from Intellicorp
- Testing and inspection of alarm systems and 24/7 monitoring as well as testing and inspection of automatic sprinkler systems with Tyco Simplex Grinnell
Education and training
Hanover Risk Solutions has designed e-learning courses with non-profits in mind; online training in abuse/neglect, that’s interactive and can help train your staff to recognize the problem and take action. Courses are free and can be taken at your convenience, so staff time can be flexible and suit your organization’s needs. Learn MoreSeveral of our Hanover Risk Solutions Partners also provide education videos and safety training. Visit Risk Solutions Partners to register as a policyholder and access information on this discounted—and sometimes free—information.
- Fire Protection in Cultural Institutions
- The Non-Profit Risk Management Center
- The Paleontology Portal’s Collection Risk Management
- FEMA’s Integrating Historic Property & Cultural Resource Considerations into Hazard Mitigation Planning
- dPlan Online Disaster Planning Tool for Cultural and Civic Institutions
- Advisory on Sit-Stand Computer Workstations