RetailThe wheels of commerce seem to turn on the nation’s retailers, and with good reason: they sell everything from books and clothing to auto parts and garden furniture. The risks for this industry are as wide-ranging as the list of items our country’s retailers sell: a customer could slip on an icy walkway in winter; electrical breakdown can halt the steady flow of customers through the doors; a delivery may result in an accident that will take lives and damage property.
At Hanover Risk Solutions, we’ve studied all these risks and brought our considerable resources to bear on the problems of you face.
- National Institute of Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH) ergonomic solutions for retailers
- Protecting perishables: don't let spoilage ruin your business
- Rear end collisions—don't be a victim or an offender
- Sample slip, trip and fall prevention program
- Showcase protection
- Three rings of protection
Risk Solutions Partners
Hanover has partnered with other expert safety professionals to provide our customers with discounted solutions to costly problems. Your company may find these especially helpful:
- Criminal background checks online as well as employment screening services from Intellicorp
- The Insurance Institute for Business and Home Safety (IBHS) Disaster Recovery Planning can help you plan for the worst and get your business up and running when catastrophe strikes
- Testing and inspection of alarm systems and 24/7 monitoring as well as testing and inspection of automatic sprinkler systems with Tyco Simplex Grinnell
Education and training
- Take an online course at your convenience; view our online electrical preventive maintenance video to see how you can stop problems before they stop your business.
- Training on how to prevent workplace violence is available through OSHA Susan Harwood Grant
- Several of our Hanover Risk Solutions Partners also provide education videos and safety training. Take driver training at your convenience with the Hanover Driver Safety Advantage Program or Driver’s Alert courses specific to food safety, employee safety for the food industry.
- Crowd Management for Retailers
- Preventing Slips, Trips and Falls in Wholesale and Retail Trade Establishments—National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health
- Preventing Workplace Violence—OSHA
- Preventing vehicle injuries to young drivers—National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health
- OSHA Young Workers Page